Wheatish skin tone is the most commonly seen skin tone in India. Ive decided to tell you about Wheatish skintone, Do’s & Dont’s and Day to Night look for Wheatish skin tone.
What is Wheatish Skin Tone?
Wheatish means light brown coloured! So Wheatish Skintone is basically medium toned skin that is neither too fair or too dark!
In terms of Makeup, Wheatish skintone the skin has a yellow-orange undertone. Which in simple terms means basically the skin reflects a yellowish orange tone from within.
Things to Do while doing Makeup for Wheatish Skin.
- Most of the wheatish or darker skin tones haves oily skin type so use a water based foundation.
- Use gold toned eyeshadows or highlighters. Warmer tones blend better with wheatish skin.
- Use lipstick shades like Burgundy, Maroon, Rust & Mauves.
- Use darker toned blushes like plum shades & deep red. Bronzers too work best with wheatish skin.
Dont’s for Wheatish Skin-
- The first Biggest Mistake which is made for wheatish skintone is that we try to make it look fairer, which is wrong! Always use a matching shade as your skin tone & concentrate more on an even finish rather than making the skin look fairer (which will eventually look grey & worse)
- Do not use silver eyeshadow or silver toned highlighters. These will just look garish on wheatish skin.
- Do not use bright Orange or pale pink lipsticks.
- Do not use light pink blushes as these will not blend or add the correct flush of colour to the cheeks.
So, today I’m going to show you a Day & a Night Look. My friend Tanvi here has been an absolute sport to have come down to my salon & model these looks for me.
First is the Day Makeup look which I transform into a Night Makeup look.
Day Makeup for Wheatish Skin.
Here’s a pictorial Step-by-Step of the Day look with the Products used.
I haven’t got into discolourations & colour neutralising. So. this is a look you can achieve at home because for the rest you can hire a professional makeup artist (like me) 😉
Now that we are done with a simple yet elegant Day Look lets Transform the same into a Night Look.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for all my Makeup Tutorials↓
Night Makeup Look for Wheatish Skin.
Dab off the eye-makeup until very little is left & using the rest of the makeup as it is, we shall mainly transform the eye makeup & darken the contouring & the lips!
For the eyes going to do a smoked eye look. For the complete smoked eye look check out my earlier post- Smoke Magique
Hope you all have learnt about Wheatish Skin Makeup. Even if you don’t have wheatish skin you can definitely help a friend out who has wheatish skin tone.
Do Follow The Style Chair Blog by clicking on the FOLLOW Button at the bottom of this Page 🙂
Be Yourself & Shine on ❤